PTA Mission Statement
Striving for enrichment and educational excellence throughout the Twin Hickory Elementary School community.
The primary goal of the PTA is to strengthen our family units, our schools and our communities through parent/family involvement. PTA recognizes parents as the first educators in the home and works to promote parents as partners in the school. The Virginia PTA is the strongest group of volunteers in the state working exclusively on behalf of children and youth.
We hope that each and every parent with children at Twin Hickory Elementary will join the PTA!
Each child benefits from the programs and services of the PTA. It is through your memberships, volunteer hours, and overall participation in your student’s education that we achieve success together.
Our estimated expenses for the 2019-20 school year total about $80,000, and are comprised of the following:
To cover these expenses, our Income Sources for the 2019-20 school year will include:
*Click on the chart to review a more detailed breakdown of income by category.
As indicated above, the PTA’s efforts are primarily funded through the Trailblazer Club, a direct donation fundraising campaign that allows families to make a once-a-year donation to the PTA without product sales (magazines, cookies, popcorn) throughout the year. This will again be the major fundraising effort for the PTA this school year.
Additional ways to contribute include attending THES Spirit Night events at local restaurants and businesses, attending the Fall Festival and Holiday Shop events, purchasing a THES 2019-20 Yearbook, purchasing Spiritwear for you and your student(s), ordering school supplies via our online vendor (Yubbler), shopping at Kroger, Publix, and Amazon using our shopping rewards connections, and saving/submitting Box Tops for Education.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to an amazing school year!
The objectives of this PTA, in common with those of the National PTA and the Virginia PTA are (from Article III, Section 1, PTA Bylaws):
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
- Tuesday, March 17
- Thursday, March 26
- Tuesday, April 14
- Thursday, April 23
- Tuesday, May 12
- Thursday, June 4