The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, November 8th, 2019.
The Reflections Program is a competition that encourages students to explore the arts and express themselves by providing positive recognition for their artistic efforts. Since it was founded in 1969 by Mary Lou Anderson, millions of students have benefited from this program.
Reflections Awards Program: THES Students in K through grade 5 create theme-based artwork in dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography or visual arts.
Six entry categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Musical Composition
- Visual Arts
- All entries must be inspired by this year’s theme: "Look Within".
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only. A student may submit entries in more than one category.
- Entries are to be dropped off at the THES cafeteria on Friday, November 8th, 2019 from 7:50-8:10 a.m. All entries should be submitted along with the student entry form.
- Information can also be found at http://www.vapta.org/arts-and-education/reflections.
- Primary: preschool–grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Special Artist: Ungraded
Every student is recognized for their accomplishments with the opportunity for state and national awards and recognition.
Entries should recognize students’ unique creativity. Adults are welcome to encourage students, but are not to assist in any way with their child's interpretation of the theme or artistic expression.
Experienced artists will review the work for interpretation of theme, creativity and technique. We look forward to celebrating your artistry and achievement in the arts! Save the date for this year’s Reflections Celebration: Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 at 6pm in the THES Cafeteria.